Header Ads

LIB reader dies from cancer, her husband writes heartfelt letter (pics)

Just received this heartbreaking email from a man Alozie Okebugwu who lost his wife, a LIB reader, to cancer about a week ago. He wanted to share her life and photos with us. Read below..
Dear Linda, my wife Chinwe was a faithful LIB reader and really liked your demeanor and accomplishments. Unfortunately I lost her after a courageous battle to cancer at the Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto in the early hours of Saturday, May 9th 2015. She passed away holding my hands peacefully. I and our 3 lovely kids mourn my soul-mate and their mom. Please may I share this story through your widely read blog with the rest of the world? She had hoped to meet you someday and I know through this she accomplishes that.
May her soul rest in peace, Amen. What he wrote and many photos of late Chinwe after the cut...



My Dear Chinwe Passes On"
As hot knife is to butter, so was the shock of you transition to my heart. It hurts where very few understand. I called you ‘babsie’.I knew you as an angel and our kids had you as a lovely mom. They look up to you. I am eternally grateful to my cousin Ogechi, who introduced us and nudged you along towards me.

We had strong belief that a miracle was on the way. We encouraged each other likewise continually, but alas…….then that fateful day we stayed alone. We held hands tightly, encouraged each other and believed you were going to beat this. We talked. I forgave you. You forgave me. We prayed, praised and thanked God for everything. You cried. We continued holding hands then you went to sleep until you breathe your last that fateful morning at 5:44am.

I remember the first love song I sang to you. You screamed, cried and hugged me.You taught me to follow a woman’s intuitive instincts to man’s understanding and now you are no more, who leads me on? We had our fights and quarrels but our love for one another always came through and greatly excels amongst others.

Chinwe you epitomized kindness, gentleness, love ebbed out of you easily yet you were strong and fought heartily in whatever you believed in.You were a great wife, a nourisher of my heart and body and a wonderful lady to love. You loved me deeply and showed me how to love you. Literally you were a million in one.

You were fun to be around with. I ‘enjoyed’ looking for your trouble. My partner and companion. You knew my deepest thoughts and secrets. You loved God, life and carried this family head-high. Chinwe you taught us as a good wife and mother as though you had lived in this world before. I guess an apple doesn’t fall far from its tree. Your mother did well on you.

We will forever cherish our every moments and your thoughts will always be on our hearts. I know now I have to be there for our kids and will endeavor to teach them your legacies and ideas. I can only depend on God now for strength and grace to forge ahead. Your memories will linger on always.
  ‘Bubu’ has a good understanding of this, Mona knows in her heart but can’t verbalize it well and ‘Tommy-tommy’ cries about it. You left with a part of me and now I must figure out how to relate to your part in me.

We miss your smiles, warmth, love, devotion and fun you bring to this family.
I will love you always.
Goodnight babes

Her photos below...


The funeral arrangements for Mrs Chinwe Alozie-Okebugwu (nee Nwakanma) are as scheduled:

Visitation
McEachnie Funeral Home
28 Old Kingston Rd, Ajax, ON, CANADA, L1T 2Z7
Wednesday, 20 May 2015 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Funeral Ceremony
The Gathering Place - Pickering Pentecostal Church
1920 Bayly St., Pickering, ON, CANADA, L1W 3R6
Thursday, 21 May 2015 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Interment
Pine Ridge Memorial Gardens (Serenity Lot)
541 Taunton Rd. West Ajax, ON, CANADA L1T 4T2.


You may also share your thoughts and prayers for us through this weblink:



No comments